Janet Hickson | Partner
Janet Hickson’s practice is concentrated in product liability and personal injury litigation. Janet has significant experience representing manufacturers and distributors across industries including, automobiles, motorcycles, consumer products, industrial equipment and medical devices. She also has significant experience representing entertainment and amusement park venues. Janet has successfully defended cases of all sizes, including catastrophic personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits. Janet is responsible for overseeing national and regional defense counsel programs implemented to manage repetitive litigation involving design, manufacture, and warnings defect claims.
Janet also has considerable experience acting as national discovery counsel for her clients. She regularly advises clients on a variety of discovery issues including the development of effective, efficient and defensible electronic discovery procedures.
- University of Southern California School of Law (J.D., 1998)
- University of California, Irvine (B.A. Criminology, Law & Society, 1994)
- First chair trial of premises liability action representing entertainment restaurant venue; obtained defense verdict (October 2012).
- Ravin v. Harley Davidson (Obtained summary judgment on behalf of Harley Davidson Motor Company in product liability case (May 2012)).
- Wilson v. Harley Davidson (Second Chair of 8 week jury trial involving design defect and failure to warn claims; obtained defense verdict on behalf of Harley Davidson Motor Company (December 2011)).
Professional Memberships & Activities
- State Bar of California
- Defense Research Institute
- Association of Southern California Defense Council
- Product Liability Advisory Council (PLAC)
Presentations & Publications
- The Post-Magaña World: How the Washington Supreme Court’s Unprecedented Approach to Discovery Impacts You, Co-Author, The Whisper (Published by the Defense Research Institute, May 2010)
Other Professional Experience
- Snell & Wilmer, LLP, Partner (1999-2009)
- Hiring Committee, Member (2004-2009) and Co-Chair (2008-2009)
- Hawkins, Schnabel, Lindhal & Beck, Associate (1998-1999)
- Junior League of Orange County (2006-2008)
- Saddleback Mothers of Multiples Club